Product Care

Are your candle products natural?
Yes, 100% natural.  Each candle is hand-poured using a combination of coconut and soy wax, which gives a much cleaner and longer burn and great hot throw. The wax we use in our production is from traceable agricultural land so does not contribute to deforestation.

Our reed diffusers are made from a non-toxic base which has a low carbon footprint and high grade essential and fragrance oils are added to give a great scent throw to any room in your home.

How long will my candle burn for?
This is a difficult question to answer as no two candles are the same and it depends on which room the candle is placed in.  You will get a longer burn time with our signature candles than you will with our travel candles.  Approximate burn times are votive candle – 15 hours, signature candle – 30 hours.

When should I stop burning my candle?
As soon as the wax reaches the last 2cm at the bottom of the container it really is time to say goodbye. The reason for this is, as the wax reaches a very low point in the container it can extremely hot, which means there is a lot of heat in the bottom of the container. So, for safety reasons, it’s always best to blow your candle out when the wax becomes low, and dispose of the container.

How can I get the best out of my candle?
Trim the wick before relighting the candle each time. Your candle does have a memory and it learns how to behave when burning.

How can sooting and flickering be avoided?
If your candle starts to soot, this is because your wick is too long.  Blow out the candle, let it solidify, trim the wick and relight.
If your wick is flickering, this may be due to the candle being in a draught.

When my candle resets, it has dimples – is this normal?
With vegetable waxes this is perfectly normal. They can have surface pits and blemishes. This is a character of the wax.

What is Mushrooming?
Mushrooming’ is when there is a build up of carbon on the end of your wick after burning – from time to time this happens – it’s really easy to resolve. When you blow your candle out, let it solidify and reset. Use a wick cutter or small pair of scissors to nip the mushroom top off, and pop it in the bin – don’t allow the debris to fall onto the wax.



  • Never leave a burning candle unattended, burn on a flat, heat resistant surface.
  • Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
  • Do not move a candle when it is burning or while the wax is still hot.
  • Always keep candles away from overhanging hazards.
  • Trim the wick before relighting.
  • Allow the entire surface of the candle to become molten, to ensure an even burn and prevent tunnelling.
  • Keep the wax pool free from debris such as match ends and wick trimmings.
  • Allow your candle to solidify before re-lighting.
  • Remove dust cover before lighting.
  • Do not burn candles for any longer than 2 hours for votives or 4 hours for signature.
  • Do not burn your candle right down to the bottom – leave a layer (approx 2cm) of wax to protect the wick base.


  • Place the melt square(s) in the bowl of your burner. Place a tea light underneath and light – be careful not to overfill the bowl.
  • Never leave a burning candle/tea light unattended.
  • Always place burners on a flat, heat resistant surface and away from draughts.
  • Do not move a burner if the wax is still hot.
  • Keep wax melts out of reach of children and pets.
  • Melts can be re-melted until the fragrance has evaporated. You can then replace with another square.


  • Keep reed diffusers out of reach of children and animals.
  • Do not place your reed diffuser directly onto a polished or painted surface.
  • Wipe up any spillages immediately.
  • To keep a good scent, turn the reeds regularly.
  • Some discolouration may occur to the reeds due to the high concentration of fragrance oil being drawn up through the reeds.


  • Always place on a heat resistant surface.
  • Do not move when lit & allow to cool before touching.
  • Keep out of reach of children & pets and away from draughts.
  • Do not place on or near anything that can catch fire.
  • Never leave unattended.
  • Do not place next to a direct heat source.
  • Do not have in use for more than 3 – 4 hours at a time.
  • Use an unscented tea-light.